A range of picnic shelters are available for booking at Western Sydney Parklands. Our beautiful parks are the perfect choice for your next get together in the great outdoors for celebrations with family and friends.
Our wonderful facilities within our beautiful parks are now all open for you to enjoy.
Shelter bookings can be made for gatherings, each picnic shelter is subject to its own capacity limit, including adults and children.
- Bookings can be made a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 3 months in advance. Booking times coincide with the Park opening hours;
- Each shelter is subject to its own capacity limit, please check shelter capacities here;
- Entertainment or food inclusions (e.g. jumping castles, food vans) can only be booked at the Acacia Shelter located at Lizard Log Park in Abbotsbury, or the Bung Shelter located at Bungarribee Park in Doonside. Prior approval is required and some fees apply. Read our FAQs for the booking process.
- For information on BBQs e.g. shared-use BBQs, BYO gas and BYO charcoal BBQs please also see FAQs .
A shelter booking at the Acacia Shelter at Lizard Log or the Bung Shelter at Bungarribee Park is essential if would like to bring any structures or are to engage a service provider for your function at Western Sydney Parklands (additional fees apply).
These items are considered an inclusion and include items like:
- Amusements such as jumping castles, go karts, inflatable costumes, etc.
- Children's entertainment such as soft play, ball pits, etc.
- Children's entertainer such as a face painter, clown, fairy, magician, etc.
- Onsite caterers like pizza vans, coffee carts, gelato carts, popcorn machines, etc.
- Commercial hirers and external providers, e.g. picnic hire.
- Decorations like balloon garlands, back drops, cake stands, etc.
- Marquees or shade structures larger than 3m x 3m.
- Stalls (information or commercial).
- Animals and/or mobile petting zoos, reptile displays, etc.
- Amplified music, public announcement systems, musical performances, acoustic ensembles.
- Signs like banners, corporate displays or directional signage. (Happy Birthday banners or general shelter decorations are allowed without any special approval, refer to the Terms and Conditions of Hire for further information).
All cancellations and amendments must be received in writing or via email. The cancellation and amendment fee is calculated based on the amount of notice given. Where 7 days or more notice is provided a $55.00 administration and processing fee will be deducted from any fees paid. If less than 7 days’ notice is provided all fees will be forfeited.
Use the tabs below to review all available options.
Select your booking type.
Proceed to our online booking system.